Armlet for women: Different types & materials
Bangles have a special charm of their own and are mostly worn in bunches of more than one, creating a cool effect. They can be simply slipped over the hand. There are ones with hinges or clasps that can be opened & closed, often referred to as hinge bangles.
This type of armlet has an opening using which they can be placed around the wrist. Cuff bracelets go back many centuries and was a popular piece of jewellery in ancient times.ums Handgelenk gelegt. Getragen wurden Armreife bereits in der Antike. Meist bestanden They were mostly made of gold or silver.
As the name suggests, these armlets have several individual interconnected links as in a chain. This kind is more flexible than a bangle or a cuff variation and a popular sub type is the charm wristband.
Charms are little pendants that are typically symbolic of something or often considered bringers of luck, and dangle from these armlets. Collectors of charm bracelets are sure to find the Lesara collection irresistable. The attractive reduced prices ensure that you don't have to resist!
Almost any link armlets can be turned into a charm wristband by hanging charms on the chain using lobster hooks. Ensure that the sizes of the charms & the hooks fit the chain well.
If you're looking to adorn your wrists with something sporty then silicone/sport armlets are the way to go. Some even have digital displays! Popularised by several big international brands, these bands are now a hot trend and are often used as marketing tools for several awareness campaigns.
These wristbands are the perfect expression of love & friendship and symbolic of strong eternal bonds. You can buy your friendship armlet or choose to make it yourself. Buying a set of wristbands in gold or silver for your best friend and yourself is such a touching gesture and a great way to show how much you treasure your relationship. So here's your chance to buy some cheap bracelets that you'll cherish forever, on the Lesara shop.
Armlets for women can be made from a variety of materials. The classic silver or gold variation find themselves alongside the leather and fabric ones. Each material has its unique features and properties that can either be advantageous or disadvantageous. Modells in gold or white gold are not only elegant but also durable and skin friendly. Silver variations, although more delicate and prone to damage look just as classy. A great choice there is one made from 925 Sterling Silver. Gemstones and pearls on your wristband add that extra sparkle and touch of glamour. The flexibility of a leather bracelet or one made from soft fabric is especially cool and feels nice on skin. Ones vulnerable to allergic reactions to leather should watch out. So the types of material range from natural wood, organic cotton to stainless steel, metal & synthetic material.
Wondering where to buy loom bracelets, why not make them yourself?
DIY armlets for women are the hottest trend in 2016! Loombands are a craze that have got us making our owns. Wearing handmade armlets and wristbands is totally in! Creative people can also design unique bracelets for women. These make fabulous gifts for close friends and loved ones. All you need to make your own wristband is creativity and of course the right materials. The DIY sets now available so easily are a perfect start. They contain not only different materials but also pearls, beads, trinkets, ornaments & charms and other necessary raw materials. Many such practical and convenient DIY sets for handmade wristbands are available on Lesara for a great price. From the basic things you need like gauge/wire, pins, rings, clasps to colourful beads, charms etc., these sets have it all. Let your creativity flow!
Where can one buy friendship wristbands and get them engraved?
You've chosen the perfect armlet on Lesara for your buddy and you and bought them right away! Now you'd like to go that extra mile and personlize them and get your names engraved. Most jewellery stores and silver/goldsmiths offer this service very cheap. Together with the Lesara super deals, you have your engraved love/friendship bracelets at an incredible price!
Care & cleaning instructions
The different types of bracelets and materials naturally require special and individual care. The aim is to of course ensure that they retain their beauty and bring you happiness through the years as you pair them with your favourite outfits.
- Like most gold jewellery, you can clean your gold wristbands occasionally in lukewarm water with washing liquid. Then rinse them with water and dry them carefully with a soft piece of cloth.
- Silver bracelets can turn darker with time. That however, is no reason for you to get rid of your gorgeous silver jewellery. The oxidisation that causes it to darken can be removed easily and the elegant silver shine restored, using just aluminium foil and salt (citric acid, soda or baking powder also work). Place the foil and the salt in a bowl and pour hot, but not boiling water in it. Let your silver armlet for women remain in the bowl for a few minutes. Soon you will find the aluminium foil has turned black and the armlet is silver again! Take it out, rinse it with water and wipe it gently with a dry cloth.
The dark layer on silver jewellery and also on cutlery is to do with silver sulfides that form when silver comes in contact with air. A good way to reduce that is to wear your silver regularly. If you leave your silver wristbands lying too long in your jewellery boxes, they tend to turn darker.
- For stainless steel, a polishing cloth is the most suitable. Refrain from using any water or other cleaning material.
- Synthetic materials are best cleaned with a wet cloth.
- Textile can be cleaned ideally with a solution made from water and a mild detergent. Then hand it to dry.
- Leather variants for women require special care so that they remain soft and supple. The genuine leather armlets should be kept away from water. Smooth leather variations can be cleaned with a slightly moist cloth and using leather spray or even milk! This forms a protective layer on the leather. Suede should just be brushed clean. Imitation leather bracelets can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Clean your pearl wristbands with gemstones or beads gently with a damp piece of any soft fabric. Also, expose them to moist air regularly to prevent them from becoming brittle.
Avoid wearing your jewellery to bed, to the gym, when you're going for a swim or to the sauna. If you follow the instructions for care mentioned here diligently, your prized pieces of jewellery are sure to last long and bring you tons of happiness over years.
Here's how you measure & determine the optimal length!
You've discovered the finest bracelet online but are unsure what size it should be. No problem at all! All you have to do, is measure the circumference of your wrist using a measuring tape. Take care to ensure you're not holding it too tight.
How to wear armlets & which types are in vogue?
Wristbands are timeless classics! However there are certain types that are contemporary hot trends:
- Trend 1: A cuff bracelet in XXL design is bold statement jewellery that need not be paired with any other accessories.
Combine with: a monochrome dress with short or no sleeves so that the wristband stands out. Perhaps a striking shade of make-up to highlight the look.
- Trend 2: Vintage style in jewellery is always good. Try the used-look or some shabby chic to create a unique style.
Combine with: anything you like - maxi dresses or even casual outfits like jeans & sneakers. The big advantage with the vintage style is that it is so versatile.
- Trend 3: A combination of materials with leather is a fad currently. Glossy material with beads & leather inserts are super stylish at the moment.
Combine with: an urban look. For instance, jeans with pretty feminine sweaters or sexy dresses and skirts are a great choice.
- Trend 4: ristbands with mystical charms are much in demand. These often have deep symbolic meaning. Most are dainty and slender and feature animal motifs such as pandas, owls, crocodiles & snakes.
Combine with: leather pants, leggings, funky T-Shirts and add a sleek necklace and delicate earrings for the perfect look.
- Trend 5: Silicone armlets, also known as hologram, power or sport bracelets were typically worn by sportspersons. Icons in the world of sport set this trend that has now made its way into the world of modern jewellery. The silicone feels great against the skin and are designed to maintain balance and generate energy.
Combine with: a sporty casual outfit - pants, short or long with a shirt, polo or sweatshirt and it looks great.