From cropped to oversized jumpers: Our style guide for you
What jumper to wear with a dress shirt? What looks good with a polo shirt? What is best suited to jeans? Womens knitted jumpers are available in so many different styles, one can be easily confused. An overview of the different designs & patterns would be helpful. Here are the criteria to watch out for.
Whoever thinks that knitting can be just one type is grossly mistaken. There are several different types which vary in their characteristics & the way they can be worn.
- Classic pattern: This is the most classic of knits. The straight line of smooth meshes creates a smooth, filigree structure that prevents the formation of lint & is very comfortable to wear. The classic knit is often used for elegant sweaters.
- Braided pattern: Ladies' winter sweater must be warm, elaborate knitting patterns like braids serve the purpose wonderfully. This pattern often leads to the formation of lint very easily.
- Ribbed pattern: A ribbed knit sweater is characterised by the alternate smooth & coarse stitches. The characteristic rib pattern promises high comfort and offers high elasticity.
Are you on the lookout for a stylish companion to keep you warm on cold winter days? Then you must get hold of a long sleeve knitted jumper! They are the perfect foundation for the layered winter look. Variants with short sleeves on the other hand are more practical for transitional weather. Combine it with a short top or a long shirt or blouse. The latter looks effortlessly elegant and is great for a smart business look.
Our tip: A hot favourite this season is womens vests. They can be combined easily with both business & casual outfits.
The neckline is a very important style factor. The following are some of the various types of necklines:
- U-boat neck: This seaon off the shoulder jumpers is one of the most popular styles. Fine knit sweaters often have a boat neck and look very feminine. This is great for women with narrow shoulders & a petit structure.
Tip: You might want to get special lingerie and nightwear to go with your boat neck sweater to make sure the straps don't show.
- V-neck: This of course is once again a classic! Did you know that this design was originally meant for men only? It looks best combined with a classic blouse for a suave business look.
Tip: To add a touch of femininity to your look, don't miss out on jewellery, for instance a necklace or a wonderful cuff bracelet.
- Crew neck: A sweater with a crew neck or round neck completes any casual outfit. The simple design & high levels of comfort make this a hot fave among most women.
Tip:Accessories like scarves or shawls round off the look.
- Roll neck: Every wardrobe has to have a turtleneck jumper. It's the perfect winter wear for women, can be worn with almost any outfit on any occasion and is the perfect combination of style & warmth.
Cut & fit
There's a knitted jumper to fit every body type, knowing which type fits you best & what variant to wear is key to looking good.
- Women with figure type A, who have lower bodies wider than the upper half, look good in boat neck variants. Their shoulders look broader, which balances out the hips. Knitted jumpers with cascading collars with a waterfall cut or ones with eye catching embellishments in the shoulder or chest area are also good choices.
- Figure type X looks best in wrap look or longline jumpers with belts that highlight their toned waists. However, it is advisable that women with this body type avoid braided patterns, ruffled designs or oversize variants.
- If you are more of a figure type O, your legs need to be highlighted. Therefore sweater that focus on your waist are a bad choice. V-neck or boat neck variants are best suited for you, especially in dark colours.
- There is also figure type H. In order to flaunt your feminine curves optimally, you should wear cuts that emphasise your hips & neckline. sweater with puffed sleeves, shoulder straps or decorative necklines can work wonders! You’d look great in oversize looks too.
Knitted jumpers are available in different lengths – ones that are short and reach only to the waist to others that are longer and often worn as dresses. Lean women often wear long variants as tunics or dresses with leggings. Broader women wear them to cover problem zones.
Is your knitted sweater out of shape?
Didn’t pay attention to the care instructions & your favourite Christmas sweater from last year is now out of shape? Not to worry. If it’s a cotton sweater, there is hope. Soak the knitted Xmas sweater for about half an hour in luke warm water with baby shampoo. Then wring it and roll it out on a towel while it is still damp, but no longer wet. Gently pull it back into shape, let it dry and there you are! Your favourite sweater that had shrunk should now be the right size again. If this doesn’t work, don’t lose heart. Find lovely & cheap ladies knitted jumpers on the Lesara online shop. Buy cool new cheap knitwear online now!